When you’re in love, it’s natural to want to express your love in physical ways, but you must also know that it is worthy to be sexually pure in both your actions and your thoughts. Sometimes it’s a tough balance, but showing love for another while remaining pure is possible. Here are some suggestions on how to remain pure:
1) Keep innocent expressions or complements simple. Avoid the prolong hug to say thank you for something, it’s OK to express your love in little ways, but don’t start messing with the package that leads to sex. To get really practical, avoid kissing and petting, anything that is sure to ignite the fires of passion.
2) Pace your passion. Every marathon runner knows that you don’t use up your energy at the beginning of the race; you need most of it at the end. Pacing your passion means that you realize you’re trying to remain pure all the way to your wedding day.
3) Don’t feed your fantasies. It’s normal to think about sex sometimes. In fact, it would be impossible not to think about it in this society that we are now. So choose your entertainment carefully; soap operas, certain songs, books, television shows, movies and web sites only turn up the pressure. Feeding your thought life with junk only makes it harder to remain pure in your actions.
4) Remember whose property you’re touching. You do not own the person you’re dating.
5) Agree on your standards. Before sex becomes an issue in the relationship, talk about your standards with your partner. Discuss ways your relationship can help each of you become a better person.
Read Also: Why Would You Make Your Ex Look Bad
6) Don’t always go alone. Sure, you want to be alone with him/her; that’s only normal. Yet too much time alone can lead you to do things you’ll regret later. Your relationship will be a lot healthier if you spend time with each others families and friends.
7) Put real love first. Genuine love always respects the other person. It never says, “If you love me, you’ll … ” Real love says instead, “Since I care about you so much, I will respect you, treat you with kindness, and never ask you to do something you know or feel is wrong.”
8) Declare a new beginning. If you think you’ve already given away too much, don’t give up. You can start over today.