SIMPLE PHONE USE RULES FOR COUPLES:
1. Don’t make a habit of putting your phone on silent mode or turning it off each time you’re with your partner. It makes you look like you are hiding something.
2. Save your partner’s phone number using a special title like “Hubby”, “Love”, “Wife”, “Sweetie”. Or save using a title plus the official name. Using the official name only makes your partner look like just the other contacts on your phone.
3. Answer your partner’s phone call with loving affectionate words like “Hi love”, “Hey honey”. How a conversation starts determines how it flows. If you start warm, you two will enjoy talking with each other on phone.
4. End the talk on a high. Say “I love you”, say a joke, a compliment, a warm phrase before you hang up. Hang up with a smile.
5. It is OK to chat with friends online. But never chat with another person more than you chat with your partner
6. If you will be busy, notify your partner you will not be able to pick up calls or reply texts promptly. Inform your partner what you will be doing and approximately for how long. This prepares your partner and brings peace because your partner will not feel ignored.
7. Flirting on phone is good but only flirt with your partner.
8. Tell off people who try to flirt with you, entice you and charm you on phone. Let them know that you are taken
9. Take lots of photos and videos together to capture moments. You will need those pics and videos in future as you look back
10. When you go out on dates, keep the phone away, minimize phone use so that you focus on each other.
11. Don’t make a habit of walking away from your partner to answer phone calls. Your partner will perceive you are hiding something or having an affair. Love is about perception.
12. After the date and you don’t live together; man, call her up and check on her, tell her you got home safe; lady, send him a text, thanking him for a wonderful time.
13. Unless it’s an emergency, when you can’t reach your partner and you probably know he/she is at work or doing something; don’t keep calling and texting desperately. It may look like you do not trust your partner, or that you are suspecting him or her, You will only look like a nag to your partner and that will make your partner detest phone contact with you. Relax, your partner will see your missed call and text back.
14. When you see a missed call or text from your partner, please call back or reply as soon as you can. Put your partner at ease.
15. Save your partner’s phone number as an emergency number to be contacted in case something happens to you and your phone is locked.
Be smart as you use your smart phone.